Hiking and Summer Holiday
in the Alpine Village of Grossarl
A holiday with family and friends in the “Valley of the Alms” in the Großarl Valley
The Grossarl Valley is part of the Hohe Tauern National Park and a real holiday paradise in summer with lots to see and do. Our valley is not called the “Valley of the Alms” for nothing. Lots of alms (mountain pasture with hut) are run by farmers. Try out the home-made butter, cheese and smoked bacon on home-baked bread. Afterwards enjoy a schapps for your digestive system. Whether down in the valley or up in the mountains, take a deep breath and savour the clear, clean mountain air with all your senses.
Summer holiday at a glance:
- Well-marked footpaths and climbing trails lead past lush alpine meadows, emerald-green mountain lakes and interesting flora and fauna.
- Learn all about our precious natural landscape on special themed hikes.
- There are well-signposted mountain bike routes in varying levels of difficulty along alpine trails and forest tracks. The Valley Cycle Path is suitable for cycle tours with the whole family.
- The Golf Club in St. Johann is just a few minutes drive away from Grossarl. Golfers of all levels can enjoy a demanding game of golf on two 9 hole golf courses.
- The Sport & Leisure Centre offers an adventure swimming pool with giant waterslide, beach volleyball court, tennis courts, crazy golf, football pitch etc.
- The “Ruck Zucki’s Gaudi Alm” is a great play are for children offering a children’s alpine hut, a mini farm with real animals, an alpine lake with raft-rope ferry, gokart course amongst other things.
- Fishing and angling in the Grossarl Valley: the clear mountain waters are full of fish and the natural habitat is varied.