Ski & Winter Holiday in Grossarl
in the lovely Grossarl Valley
Family-free and snow-sure ski area in the heart of the Ski Amadé
The Grossarl Valley with its Grossarl Valley – Dorfgastein ski circuit is part of the largest ski area association in Austria, the Ski Amadé. Which means great fun skiing of the highest standard. Modern lifts and around 860 km of pistes can all be used on one lift pass. Skiers and snowboarders will find easy, demanding and difficult pistes plus snowparks. To warm up stop in one of the cosy ski huts. A fantastic service in Grossarl is free Wi-Fi throughout the whole ski area. A free ski bus transports guests to all valley lift stations in the Grossarl Valley as well as the valley station Alpendorf / St. Johann.
Winter activities at a glance:
- Skiing and snowboarding in the Ski Amadé. Ski schools and ski hire available in resort.
- Winter walks – discover the magical winter wonderland in the Grossarl Valley.
- Cross country skiing: well-groomed cross country trails from Grossarl to Hüttschlag. Floodlit night trail of 2 km and 3 km in length are available.
- There are a variety of ski tours available and you’ll be rewarded with descents over deep-snow slopes.
- Romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride through the snowy winter landscape. Wrapped up in warm blankets the countryside passes gently by and the only thing you can hear is the horses snorting.
- Right next to the Hotel Lammerwirt there’s a floodlit, traffic-free night toboggan run. Sledges are provided.
- Ice skaing rinks are located at the Leisure Centre in Grossarl Valley and can be used free of charge.
- Austrian Curling is great fun and you can make new friends. Don’t miss the weekly guests’ tournament in Hüttschlag.