Hiking & Summer Holidays
Summer pleasure in a healthy climate in St. Veit im Pongau
St. Veit im Pongau, beautifully located amid blooming meadows and gentle mountains on a sunny plateau, boasts a wide variety of activities for your hiking and summer holiday. A holiday in a mild and healthy climate offers relaxation and recuperation. Breathe in deeply, relish the warm rays of sun and experience nature up close. Savour the clean, crystal-clear lakes, lush alpine meadows, scented pine forests and rustic alpine huts offering regional delicacies. Head up into the mountains right from the farm. A gentle walk to St. Veit’s local mountain, the Hochklocker, is popular amongst families. You’ll come across an “Oasis of Tranquility” and a “Barefoot Path” along the way. Cool off on hot summer days in the Alpen Swimming Pool just 2 km away with its kids’, sports and natural marsh pool. There are also a number of bathing lakes in the region.
Summer activities at a glance
- Hiking and Nordic walking on the Salzburger “Sonnenterrasse”
- Cycling and mountain biking along easy and difficult routes. The Tauern Cycle Path leads right through the resort of St. Veit im Pongau.
- Swimming in the heated Alpen Swimming Pool St. Veit – just 2 km away. In addition there’s the Goldegger Moorsee, the Böndlsee, the Adventure Pool in Schwarzach and the bathing lake in St. Johann.
- Oases of tranquility: at scenic spots around St. Veit and on the Hochklocker you’ll find wooden loungers for relaxing and enjoying the peac and quiet.
- Golf on the Goldegg high plateau. The 18 hole golf course offers a covered driving range with tee off boxes, putting green, practice bunkers and practice course. Golf lessons available.
- Alternative sports such as tennis, climbing, rafting & canyoning
- There’s a beach volleyball court right next to the Alpen Swimming Pool
- Children’s programme, play festivals and themed activities such as forest and meadow company, all about ponies, children’s party at the Alm etc. are great fun for kids.